I want to draw your attention to this. It’s a segment on a radio station in Yorkshire where the DJ dumps someone live on air on behalf of someone else. I’ve only listened to this one, and it was quite enough. I feel sick.
My friend B. wrote about but I won’t quote directly from her. My [shortened] version is this:
– A bloke called Craig writes a letter to a radio station to tell them that he’s found out that his girlfriend, Angie, to whom he was about to propose, gave her boss a blowjob at the Christmas party.
– Danny the DJ agrees to play a ‘little trick’ on Angie by phoning her pretending to be the jeweler where Craig bought the £2,000 engagement ring.
– The ‘jeweller’ asks to speak to Craig and then ‘lets slip’ to Angie that Craig is about to propose to her. He goes on to ask her how she feels about that. She’s delighted, she says, because she and Craig have a wonderful relationship and she can’t wait to get married and to start having babies.
– A lifetime later, after Danny’s cruelly joined in her excitement, he tells her that it’s a setup. He announces to her, shouting, that Craig knows what she’s done and that she’s now DUMPED! He also implicates her married boss somewhere along the way.
– This is greeted with pained silence on the other end of the phone.
– Danny then says something like, ‘You’re just a tart. We’re going to an ad-break’ and hangs up the phone.
The audio is here, if you care to listen. It’s really vile so I wouldn’t recommend it to the faint of heart. It’s called ‘DANNY DUMPS: ANGIE’ and it’s at the bottom of the listen again box.
Clearly this Danny is an cruel misogynistic fuckwit. The pleasure he derives from persecuting this poor girl is horrific. I don’t know if she did what she’s been accused of, but from listening to her, she’s clearly very innocent in many ways of the world.
This is one of the most shameful things I’ve heard in as long as I can remember, and I’m really rather speechless about it. I hope he gets run over by a bus on the way home. I really do.
P.S. I’m not condoning cheating in any form. But this… this is too much.